We Need You, The Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for a new gig that lets you get hands-on and knee-deep in building systems to handle billions of mobile location data points? (Recruiters – sorry, not looking for you this time!)
Reveal Mobile is a venture backed startup based in Raleigh, right across from NC State’s campus.
We turn the location data coming out of mobile apps into audience data. Our customers, mobile app publishers, sell these segments to advertisers. We work with over 600 mobile apps today, reaching 25M monthly users. Since our launch in 2015, we’ve grown to nine full-time employees, and have doubled our customers already this year.
To support our growth we’re adding a Senior Software Engineer to the team. This critical role requires strong technical skills to help build our products, as well as leadership and communication skills to help us shape our processes and team culture as we grow. We have great benefits that includes competitive pay, stock options and great PTO policies.
By joining Reveal you’ll be joining a small startup that follows agile practices. Our office environment is casual and diverse but the pace is fast. Join us as we build a great software company that solves challenging problems and takes great care of its employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Improving and maintaining accurate geospatial datasets
- Developing multithreaded processes to efficiently query, transform, and deliver data, as well as to ingest, transform, and store data
- Designing and implementing storage for new datasets and the automated data ingestion and/or delivery processes required for them
- Developing web-based custom data reporting and management applications
- Be ready and able to support the team and the architecture whenever the need arises.
Our ideal candidate
- You plow through multiple obstacles in a day, using a combination of persistence, research, problem-solving skills, and your own experience
- You take pride in your work, and especially work that is completed, tested, and in production
- You are a sink for problems, rather than a source. You make your co-workers’ jobs easier, not harder
- You are available for and responsive to questions. You are professional and collegial in your communications
- You like being the person that others rely on
- You quickly learn new technologies as needed and recognize that you are engaged in timely, business-critical tasks
- You are transparent in what you do. You discuss, document, and commit your work as needed
- You like researching and working with emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of making products better / faster / cheaper
The Skills That Get You In The Door
- 5+ years of solid professional experience in data-driven application development
- Experience with building high-performance database and ETL applications
- Strong understanding of database fundamentals, including performance tradeoffs in database and index design
- GIS familiarity
- Git proficiency
- Experience developing multithreaded software
- Postgres development experience, with emphasis on PostGIS functionality
- Experience with AWS cloud architecture, using the CLI and the console
- Experience with REST
- Experience working with GO and Java
- Comfortable working in Linux and with bash shell scripting
- Experience in the ad tech or ad data industry a plus
To apply send us an email to email@example.com and share any and all relevant work, whether that be listed on a resumé or laid out in your GitHub repo.