Reveal Mobile seeks a skilled data scientist to develop and deploy mathematical models via best-of-class high-performance data architectures and scientific computing environments. On any given day, we work with probabilistic graphical models, Bayesian models, collaborative filtering, and many other interesting machine learning methodologies. If you are a creative thinker who can employ sophisticated mathematical techniques, come join us in solving some of the most exciting problems in the industry.
Reveal Mobile is a venture-backed startup pioneering the use of privacy-compliant mobile location data to improve how companies better reach and serve their customers. Our clients leverage our tools and APIs to build dynamic audiences based on real-world location data. We have great benefits that include competitive pay, stock options and great PTO policies.
You will be joining a talented and diverse team leveraging the latest technologies to tackle the toughest problems in managing large streams of data. You’ll work alongside a skilled team of architects and engineers integrating machine learning into our production services and pipelines. You’ll play an active role in product development, and you’ll bring great ideas for ways to innovate and improve our platform.
By working at Reveal Mobile you’ll partner with a small startup that follows agile practices. Our office environment is casual and diverse but the pace is fast. Join us as we build a great software company that solves challenging problems and takes great care of its employees. We’re looking for growth trajectory over experience. We value intellectual ability, love of learning, and enthusiasm for team environments over years of experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and apply statistical and machine learning techniques to deliver insight into mobile location data.
- Translate unstructured business problems into well-structured mathematical algorithms and data flows.
- Communicate technical issues and propose solutions with the technology team and others in the company.
- Design and operate experimental and testing environments for the investigation of new algorithmic methods
- Work closely with the Product Management and Technology Development teams to identify solutions to current production issues, while also working on longer-term analytical problems
The Skills That Get You In The Door
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field, Ph.D. preferred
- 3+ years developing in Python
- Experience working in AWS.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Fluency in SQL and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with Spark or other big data processing tools
- Experience with Git and continuous integration systems
- Experience developing on the JVM in Java or Scala
- Comfortable working in Linux and with bash shell scripting
- Experience in ad tech