Reveal Mobile is a leader in location-based and geofencing marketing, analytics, and foot traffic attribution. Our technology helps advertisers and agencies easily understand and market to the audiences that visit the locations they care about. Our powerful, intuitive user interface makes it easy to build location-based audiences and reach them through all types of digital advertising. Our privacy-compliant approach and our ease-of-use has earned us numerous technology and industry awards.
To support our growth we are adding a Senior Data Engineer to the team. This critical role requires strong technical skills to help build our products, as well as leadership and communication skills to help us shape our processes and team culture as we grow. We have great benefits that include competitive pay, 401k matching and unlimited PTO.
You will be joining a fun and talented team, leveraging the latest technologies to write and automate tests for our data pipeline and SaaS products. As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for promoting quality and playing an active role in product development, while bringing in great ideas for ways to innovate and improve our platform. Our office environment is casual and the pace is fast.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate.
We value intellectual ability, love of learning, and enthusiasm for team environments over years of experience. Join us as we build a great company that solves challenging problems and takes great care of its employees.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You use a combination of persistence, research, problem-solving skills, and experience to overcome obstacles
- You take pride in your work. You are attentive to detail, but also flexible.
- You are available for and responsive to questions. You are professional and collegial in your communications.
- You like being the person that others rely on.
- You quickly learn new technologies as needed and recognize that you are engaged in timely, business-critical tasks.
- You are transparent in what you do. You discuss, document, and commit your work as needed
- You enjoy working in an Agile environment and welcome constructive feedback
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience using Java or Scala
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality features for a SaaS product.
- Experience with relational database systems, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience building distributed web applications in AWS
- Experience with Git and continuous integration systems
- Proven ability to deliver against deadlines
- Experience working in the ad tech industry
- Experience with Spark or other big data processing tools
- Experience working with geospatial tools and data
- Experience with or desire to learn a functional programming language
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 401k matching
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule