Reveal Mobile is a venture-backed startup pioneering the use of mobile location data to improve how companies better reach and serve their customers. Our clients leverage our tools and APIs to build dynamic audiences based on real-world location data.
To support our growth we are adding a Senior Applications Engineer to the team. This critical role requires strong technical skills to help build our products, as well as leadership and communication skills to help us shape our processes and team culture as we grow. We have great benefits that include competitive pay, stock options and great PTO policies.
You will be joining a talented and diverse team leveraging the latest technologies to tackle the toughest problems in managing large streams of data. You’ll work on APIs and services, applications of machine learning, and massive data pipelines. You’ll play an active role in product development, and you’ll bring great ideas for ways to innovate and improve our platform.
By working at Reveal Mobile you’ll partner with a small startup that follows agile practices. Our office environment is casual and diverse but the pace is fast. Join us as we build a great software company that solves challenging problems and takes great care of its employees. We’re looking for growth trajectory over experience. We value intellectual ability, love of learning, and enthusiasm for team environments over years of experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Help companies reach their customers and discover new customers who will love their products
- Design, code, and test major features for our industry leading mobile-location data platform.
- Work jointly with in designing and implementing solutions to complex software development problems.
- Conduct code reviews in accordance with team processes/standards.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to add instrumentation and monitoring to support production environments.
Example Projects You Might Work On
- Building high-throughput, low-latency ingestion pipelines for both batch and real-time data flows
- Collaborating with data scientists to productionize machine-learning models to predict customer behaviors based on location history
- Contributing to leading industry data standards, such as Caliper Analytics or xAPI
- Applying machine learning to our ingestion pipelines to predict and mitigate operational disruptions without manual intervention
Our Ideal Candidate
- You use a combination of persistence, research, problem-solving skills, and experience to overcome obstacles
- You take pride in your work. You are attentive to detail, but also flexible.
- You are available for and responsive to questions. You are professional and collegial in your communications.
- You like being the person that others rely on.
- You quickly learn new technologies as needed and recognize that you are engaged in timely, business-critical tasks.
- You are transparent in what you do. You discuss, document, and commit your work as needed
- You enjoy working in an Agile environment and welcome constructive feedback.
The Skills That Get You In The Door
- 5+ years developing on the JVM
- 5+ years developing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- 3+ years with working in AWS.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Experience with building high-performance database and ETL applications
- Strong understanding of database fundamentals, including performance tradeoffs in database and index design
- Experience with Spark or other big data processing tools
- GIS familiarity
- Experience with Git and continuous integration systems
- Experience with or desire to learn a functional programming language
- Experience provisioning and administering AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with GO
- Comfortable working in Linux and with bash shell scripting
- Experience in ad tech