Brick-and-mortar businesses are always on the lookout for ways to increase foot-traffic to their physical stores. Mobile advertising lends itself to accurately targeting customers who are within a close distance to your business location.
Location Based Advertising (LBA), also known as geotargeting marketing or hyperlocal advertising, is a form of marketing that takes advantage of consumers’ geographical location. It can deliver relevant ads for services and products to people who are in close proximity to the a particular retail location.
How Does Location Based Advertising Work?
If you have a brick-and-mortar store, you can easily take advantage of geotargeting by capturing consumers who visit or live near your business location. LBA ensures that you’re reaching the right audience and sending them relevant messages that are in tune with their needs and goals. LBA works by sourcing opted-in consumers’ location data from mobile devices.
Why Should You Use Location Based Advertising?
There are many benefits to using LBA, including:
- You can compete with the big brands: If you’re a local business owner, LBA presents you with a great opportunity to engage with your in-market audience, giving you an edge over the big brands.
- You can connect with your customer base: LBA is an effective way to connect with your target audience at a deeper level. This form of marketing enables you to provide content that is relevant to where they live and their specific needs, helping them feel more connected to your business. Consumers generally want to shop local and support the communities they live in.
- You can use multiple platforms: With LBA, you can reach out to your target audience on many different ad platforms, including social media, LinkedIn, digital out-of-home, OTT/CTV, and display. You can combine them for maximum impact.
How to Use Location Based Advertising
Before you launch your hyperlocal advertising campaign, there are several things you need to consider and implement to optimize its efficiency and effectiveness:
- Research and plan: Make sure that your customers’ data is accurate, precise, and up-to-date. You can get all of your target audience data from geofencing marketing software. Armed with this information, you can develop a detailed strategy aimed at your brand’s goals and your customers’ needs.
- Develop personalized messages: The importance of your ad messages cannot be overemphasized. Use creative ways to reach your target demographic and clear calls-to-action to encourage users to make instant decisions.
- Launch your LBA campaign: Select platforms that will help you target your specific audience. If you use data collection tools this will give you a clear picture of your reach. You’ll also be able to monitor your campaign’s performance and assess its strengths and weaknesses.
Marketing strategies are constantly changing as platforms and formats become more diverse. Within the advertising environment, LBA can be a powerful marketing tool for any local brick-and-mortar business. Not only can it help you deliver targeted messages to your potential customers, but it can also boost brand awareness.
Ready to build your own location based advertising campaigns? Check out our powerful results-driven geofencing marketing platform.